This Blog Has Moved!

Right, so yes, five years ago I moved to github pages, and never bothered to redirect any of these pages there. Now I've moved on from there, and... Finally I am using my real domain, trishagee.com . My blog is now at trishagee.com/blog .  See you there!

Upcoming speaking events

In theory, I am busy writing material for my upcoming speaking events, rather than writing terribly illuminating posts on my blog (see what I did there?).  In actuality I am being lazy and have pretty much taken January off for a recharge.

In the spirit of doing something which ticks both the event-speaking and blogging boxes, this is a quick update on the conferences I'm confirmed for so far.  Put the following dates in your diary - these are my first international solo speaking events:

7th March - QCon London - Concurrent Programming Using The Disruptor (sadly I can't stay for the whole conference as it clashes with the only holiday I had booked for 2012).
23rd May - GOTO Copenhagen - Concurrent Programming Using The Disruptor & War Stories.
25-26th May - GOTO Amsterdam - Concurrent Programming Using The Disruptor.

The presentation will be more of a user's guide to the Disruptor than anything we've done before.  An hour isn't a lot of time to cover all the functionality everyone might want to see, so I'm still trying to work out the balance between giving an introduction/overview for those who haven't seen it before, and going into some of the cool features that have been added since I first started blogging about it.  If there's anything you would particularly like to see covered, let me know - I'll put the most frequently requested things in there.

Ideally I'd run a workshop session at some point, but that will require quite a lot more preparation, so I'll only do that if there is interest in it (if someone wants to fly me somewhere interesting to do that so much the better!!).

Maybe I'll see you at one of these events?

Comments

  1. Hello Trisha,
    Great to see you have a session at QCon London, that is a tough conference to get accepted too. Well deserved in your case.

    You are on my hotlist of speakers so see, the list also includes Dan North, Simon Brown, Russ Miles and Patrick Debois. No pressure.

    I think my head may well explode with great ideas :-)

    Thanks
    http://blog.jr0cket.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you guys would come to Devoxx in Paris, in april. We had Martin Thompson for an event but it wasn't about the Disruptor, more about how to use it in event sourcing architecture. It would have been great to have you do a talk on how the disruptor actually works. One day maybe. But I'll sure be seeing your talk in amsterdam at GOTO.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks John! Clearly you haven't seen me present before ;) I'm very much looking forward to QCon, in 2006 that was the first conference I ever went to. And it'll be great (although nerve-wracking!) to be presenting to my home crowd.

    Sam, I thought about going to Devoxx France actually, but I didn't want to take up one of the few English-speaking slots - I thought you must have English-speaking presenters in much higher demand to show off.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments have been disabled since this blog is no longer active.

Popular posts from this blog

Dissecting the Disruptor: What's so special about a ring buffer?

Dissecting the Disruptor: Writing to the ring buffer

Dissecting the Disruptor: Why it's so fast (part one) - Locks Are Bad